Would You Like to Get Paid to Train New Teachers?
Introducing Ballroom Dance Teachers College Curriculum – everything you need to run a for-profit teacher training program at your studio!
Ballroom Dance Teachers College Curriculum is the first and only formal professional training program for prospective dance teachers. The genius of the course is that trainees pay for the course just as they would any group class. This model enables you to run this teacher training program as a profit-generating vocational school, similar to a cosmetology or law school.
The program is designed so that new trainees may enroll at the beginning of any quarter in the course. This means you will continue to gain new trainees even as other trainees graduate. There is no prerequisite for trainees other than the desire to dance, and you are not obligated to hire the graduates. However, if you do hire a graduate, you will know s/he is a true professional who has met an objective standard of national proficiency.
The Ballroom Dance Teachers College Curriculum is a systematic, rigorous, and fun curriculum. The formalized teaching plan includes a series of innovative exercises, supportive feedback, and regular examinations.
Over the 16-month course, trainees learn how to dance and teach the DVIDA® Bronze American Syllabus in 17 Smooth, Rhythm and Nightclub dances. They will learn the both the leader’s and follower’s parts, as well as the technical and musical elements of each figure. Graduates of the program are ready to teach with no additional training required!
BDTC Curriculum represents the culmination of Diane Jarmolow’s 30 years in the ballroom dance industry. Diane founded the Metronome Ballroom in San Francisco and is a National Examiner for DVIDA, as well as a DanceSport Adjudicator. You may also know her from the Dance Vision Dance Camps where she has taught classes, led studio management seminars and run certification programs. Still, this is her greatest accomplishment—the development of the first ever professional dance teacher training program.
What BDTC Curriculum Includes
Business Guide: The business guide explains all the administrative aspects of the course, including scheduling and marketing, what to charge trainees and other money matters, qualifications for the master teacher, and overview of course curriculum and exams.
Resource Sheets: In-depth information that supplements the lesson plans. This 230 page book is divided into three main topics: how to run an aspect of the course; how to teach a topic; and, exercises to lead for a topic.
- Teach Like a Pro textbook and corresponding reading assignments for trainees
- Move Like a Champion textbook and DVD, and corresponding teaching assignments for Master Teacher
- Salesfree Sales Audio Training Program
- Marketing Materials (brochure and enrollment powerpoint presentation templates)
- Forms Guide
- Trainee Handbook
- Exam Day Materials (evaluation forms and score sheets, grade calculation spreadsheet)
- Trainee Forms (welcome letters and schedule templates for each quarter, enrollment and copyright agreement, “Learn from the Pros” field study form, certificates of completion templates for each quarter)
- General Class Forms (sample contract for exam coach and class monitor, attendance sheet and contact list, homework cards template)
Seventeen Master Teacher Manuals – the “Lesson Plans”
Each Master Teacher Manual contains detailed Lesson Plans, as well as information on how to use the manual. Each lesson plan is 2 hours and 15 minutes long, and includes:
- Teacher’s Script
- Class Goals
- Suggested Teaching Outline
- Which Figures to Teach
- How to Teach each Figure
- Elements to Introduce
- How to Teach New Elements
- Homework Assignments
Combined, the seventeen Master Teacher Manuals contain 128 lesson plans!
- Waltz | Foxtrot – Part 1
- Waltz | Foxtrot – Part 2
- Tango | Viennese Waltz – Part 1
- Tango | Viennese Waltz – Part 2
- Rumba | Cha Cha – Part 1
- Rumba | Cha Cha – Part 2
- Bolero | East Coast Swing – Part 1
- Bolero | East Coast Swing – Part 2
- Mambo | Merengue – Part 1
- Mambo | Merengue – Part 2
- Samba | West Coast Swing – Part 1
- Samba | West Coast Swing – Part 2
- Argentine Tango
- Nightclub Two Step | Salsa – Part 1
- Nightclub Two Step | Salsa – Part 2
- Hustle | Lindy Hop – Part 1
- Hustle | Lindy Hop – Part 2
- Written Test and Answer Sheets for Each Dance
- Routines for Each Dance
- Exam Assignments for Each Dance
How to Purchase BDTC Curriculum
The BDTC Curriculum is available in a variety of bundles, perfect for studio owners, dance teachers or dance enthusiasts:
- Full Curriculum (includes Business Kit, and Smooth, Rhythm 1, Rhythm 2 and Nightclub sections)
- Section Kits (Smooth, Rhythm 1, Rhythm 2, Nightclub)
- Mini Kits (any of the 17 sections listed above – i.e. Waltz | Foxtrot-Part 1)