“T for Two” Teacher Training and DVIDA Certification Workshops
What is T for Two
T for Two (teacher training for two people) is a 5-, 7- or 10-day customized residential program where you are paired with another dancer-trainee with compatible skills and goals. You choose the kind of training you wish to receive (general teacher training from the ground up or certification), when you’d like to come, and we put together a customized plan for you. All dance styles and levels are available: American and International, Bronze through Gold, as well as Nightclub dances (Salsa, Argentine Tango, Hustle, Lindy Hop, Nightclub Two Step).
Training is held at the Ballroom Dance Teachers College private home studio in the beautiful hills of Oakland, CA. Housing and meals are included in the cost of tuition.
What You Will Learn
We will focus on the ‘nuts and bolts’ of each figure by learning the individual elements (foot position, dance position, lead, turn, footwork, timing, etc.), and the “language” of certification. In addition, you will develop your ability to lead and follow with equal skill, as well as how to teach correct styling and technique.
If you would like to become professionally certified, we will incorporate the theory principles required to pass a Professional Certification exam and can arrange for you to take your exams while you are here or via skype shortly after you return home. Our goal is make the entire process smooth, engaging, inspiring and doable no matter your skill level.
- DVIDA® syllabus manual (and/or DVIDA® App) for the dances you are studying
- Teach Like a Pro book
We have the following dates available:
- January 8-12, 2018 (may be extended to a 7-day or 10-day 50 hour workshop) – filled!
- February 19-23, 2018 (may be extended to a 7-day or 10-day 50 hour workshop)
- March 12-16, 2018 (may be extended to a 7-day or 10-day 50 hour workshop)
- April 16-20, 2018 (may be extended to a 7-day or 10-day 50 hour workshop)
- May 21-25, 2018 (may be extended to a 7-day or 10-day 50 hour workshop)
- June 25-29, 2018 ((may be extended to a 7-day or 10-day 50 hour workshop)
- July 23-27, 2018 ((may be extended to a 7-day or 10-day 50 hour workshop)
Please give us a call to reserve your spot! Or, create your own customized training sessions, perfectly tailored to your individual goals, budget and schedule. Payment plans are available, please contact us for details.
510.336.9426 | firstname.lastname@example.org
5-Day Course (25 hours of training, 5 hours per day) | $1995
This workshop is perfect for any of the following goals:
- How to teach 2-3 dances
- How to start class to music
- Procedures for teaching great private lessons and group classes
- Move Like a Champion (body mechanic exercises)
- Finding your unique presentation style
- How to sell dance lessons
Junior Associate Certification (first half of Bronze syllabus)
- Smooth, Rhythm, Ballroom, Latin or Nightclub
- Silver or Gold also available
7-Day Course (50 hours of training, 7 hours per day) | $3495
In addition to the information in our 5 day courses, you will also learn:
- How to teach an additional 2-3 dances
- How to Run a Great Dance Party
- How to Market Yourself
- In-depth study of relationship of music and dance
- Full Associate (Smooth, Rhythm, Ballroom, Latin or Nightclub)
- Preparing for Teaching Methodology exam questions (Part C)
10-Day Course (50 hours of training, 5 hours per day) | $3795
This workshop is perfect for those who prefer to have more free time during the day to practice and study outside of class.