Customized Private Lesson Teacher Training
This American Style Bronze Teacher Training is perfect for anyone motivated to become a dance teacher, or for dance students who sense that learning both “roles” and attending a structured course will enhance their own dancing. The curriculum is divided into 4 separate courses, taking you through the entire DVIDA® (Dance Vision International Dance Association) Bronze American Style syllabus for the Smooth, Rhythm, and Nightclub dances.
Our private lesson Teacher Training Program allows you to completely customize the training to your schedule and individual pace.
- Start anytime and begin with any quarter (or dance) of your choice
- Take lessons on days and times that are most convenient for you
- Complete the training on your timeline – from as little as 4 months to a leisurely few years
- Develop your technique and styling with the focused, one-on-one attention from the Master Teacher
Location: Training is held at Sol Ballroom in Las Cruces, New Mexico. You may also receive training remotely via video conference (i.e. Skype, Facetime, etc.). Video conference training is only available to those who have prior dance experience.
Customized Teacher Training Intensives are also available. Please visit our “T for Two” workshop page for more details.
“If you are even remotely thinking about pursuing training in ballroom dance, Ballroom Dance Teachers College is where you should go!”
I completed the training in just 4 months, which is by no means easy. We spent many hours each day in lessons and practicing. But I can’t imagine not having gone through the BDTC Program. The quality of instruction you receive is unbelievable. The instructors want to see each of us succeed and do the best we can do. I feel the training I received, the connections I made, and the people I met will continue to influence my life, my dancing and my dreams for years to come! If you are even remotely thinking about pursuing training in ballroom dance, this is where you should go!
~ Elizabeth Wilson, Ballroom Dance Teachers College graduate, Midwest City, Oklahoma
- 17 dances of the DVIDA® Bronze American Syllabus
- Smooth Section: Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Viennese Waltz
- Rhythm 1 Section: Rumba, Cha Cha, Bolero, East Coast Swing
- Rhythm 2 Section: Mambo, Merengue, Samba, West Coast Swing
- Nightclub Section: Argentine Tango, Salsa, Nightclub Two Step, Hustle , Lindy Hop
- Learn to dance and teach both roles (lead and follow)
- Technical elements of all the dances
- Musical elements of all the dances
- Homework assignments and in-class presentations
- Dance exams and written tests
- How to teach private lessons and group classes
- How to prepare for DVIDA® certification
- Salesfree Sales Training Course
- Move Like a Champion® Training
Upon completing each quarter, you will receive a Ballroom Dance Teachers College certificate acknowledging your achievement.
Depending on your schedule and how quickly you want to complete the program, you may take anywhere from 1 hour of private lessons per week to 6 or more hours per week. We will help you arrange your schedule.
- DVIDA® manual (and/or DVIDA® App) for the dance(s) in which you are receiving training
- Teach Like a Pro book
- Move Like a Champion book
- dance shoes
Additional recommended materials include:
- DVIDA® videos for the dance(s) in which you are receiving training – available via DVIDA® App, online streaming or DVD (while supplies last)
- Move Like a Champion DVD
The cost of tuition depends on the number of weekly lessons you take. The Private Lesson Training may also be shared with another student – this halves the cost of the private lessons, plus you’ll have a practice buddy.
Teacher Training can also be taken during one of our monthly customized “T for Two” workshops.
Ready to get started on a beautiful new career path? Contact us today!