I love being a dance teacher. I think it is the greatest career there is. Here are my top 10 reasons why:
- You get to dance every day. Every single day.
- You sculpt people into dancers. They couldn’t dance, and now, because of your help, they can. For this they are happy, more confident, stand taller, and have a hobby for a lifetime. They can dance anywhere from a cruise ship to a competition floor, and meet lots of great people along the way.
- You can improve your teaching and dancing with every lesson you give.
- At “work”, people are laughing and having a good time all around you.
- You learn so much about people and psychology, what works and what doesn’t—it’s so interesting!
- You can help a widow or widower do something fun and get physical contact with other people in a safe and acceptable way.
- You can engage a child in a healthy, physical, and challenging activity while helping them become comfortable socially.
- You can wear fabulous clothing, meet fantastic people, and have fun, all while expressing and developing yourself and making good money.
- The opportunities are endless: You can specialize in teaching social dancers, wedding couples, competitive dancers, or training teachers. You can compete (either pro/am, professional, or both), be a judge, or be an examiner. You can be a studio owner or manager, a college dance professor, a traveling coach, or an instructor on a cruise ship. You can choreograph showcase routines and performances for your students, fellow dance teachers, or even celebrities.
- You can teach anywhere! Ballroom dancing is universal.
What do you love most about being a dance teacher?
Share your top reasons in the comments below!